Sunday 28 January 2007

Memories

It's been a long time since I posted anything new so I though it's high time I shared some bits & bobs... Today I don't know why but I thought about my violin. Yes, I have a violin. Only some of you might know that I used to play the violin a bit. Or I should rather say - I attempted to play (if you can call it playing ) this 'mysterious' instrument. Anyway, here's the story... It's all started about 2 years ago when my grandpa (a great guy, really!) gave me his very very old violin. It's hard to believe but his father found it somewhere in a trench during the WW II. Unbelievable, I know. So when he passed it on to me, I knew that I was obliged in a way to learn how to play it and I knew my grandpa wanted it too. But I have to admit that I was very eager myself. So I took some lessons and, believe it or not, I learned few tricks. Impossible is nothing! I really enjoyed practicing it and I was proud of myself that I can actually play something because it's bloody difficult, believe me. But even more satisfactory was the moment when I saw the unbelievably happy face of my grandpa when I was playing 'Happy Birthday' for him. Unfortunately, after a year or so I quit... Sometimes I regret it all end up and I think to myself that I wasted my chance and that it could be a germ of a new hobby... Well, maybe at some point in my life I'll get myself and start again. Hopefully it won't be too late

2 comments:

Magdalejna said...

Hey Justine,
well i'm here first time & i want to say that i like your blog. If I make any mistakes now, please forgive me. I have only in my house guy from OZZ :P soooooooo buhahhahahaha i should write everything correctly.
cheers Magdalejna :D
PS. znowu zaczniesz grac na skrzypcach?

Justi said...

Hiya!
so good to hear from u Magdalejna:D No worries, perfect English hehehe. Glad u like the blog.
As for the violin, I don't know what will happen... Maybe I will try again maybe not... Time'll show;)